Guest Post: Top Business Careers with a Finance Degree

Today's guest post is from Kathy St. George, a fellow UCF alum and an education specialist for 866MyMajor, a great site that all college students should be leveraging for important information. Please enjoy her post on the "Top Business Careers with a Finance Degree" and if you have any questions you can contact her directly at asens@neoc.info.

Are you planning on graduating with a degree in Business or Finance but are worried about finding a job after you graduate? Times are tough, but once you find a job in this field, you will have a career that is stable with a good income. If you are looking for a specialization for your Business degree, Finance should be the way to go. It is clear to see that these are the Finance related jobs are the most promising and popular among Business Degree holders at this time. Below you will find three different Business Finance careers that are still running at full speed ahead in 2010.

1. Accountants and Auditors:
Accounts and Auditors examine, analyze, and interpret accounting records for the purpose of giving advice or preparing statements. Mean annual wage for this occupation in 2009 was $67,430. According to the U.S. BLS, Accounting/Tax Preparation/Bookkeeping/Payroll Services have the highest level of employment in this occupation, which the Federal Executive Branch (OES Designation) is the top paying industry within this occupation with an annual mean wage of $88,190. The District of Columbia has the highest concentration of workers in this occupation, while New Year is the top paying state, coming in with a mean wage of $84,280. Choose from one of the following Accounting degree types to start on the road to your career today; certificate diploma, associates degree, bachelors degree, masters degree and doctorate degree.

2. Financial Analysts:

As a Financial Analyst, your job is to help people decide how to invest their money. In this profession, you can work for a variety of places, such as banks, insurance companies, mutual funds, and securities firms. They often meet with company officials to learn more about the firms in which they want to invest. According to the U.S. BLS, the median annual salary for a Financial Analyst was $73,150 in May 2008, double the national median wage. While the salary is high, don’t think that the schooling to be in this profession is easy. Most financial analysts have a bachelors or masters degree in business, accounting, statistics, or finance. Once a degree is earned, a lot of Financial Analysts also obtain professional licenses and certifications needed.

3. Personal Financial Advisors:

As defined by the U.S. BLS, Personal financial advisors evaluate the financial needs of individuals and assist them with investments, tax laws, and insurance decisions. Advisors help their clients identify and plan for short-term and long-term goals. About 29% of these advisors are self- employed and need to find their own customers while the other 71% work at a firm of some sort. To be a Personal Financial Advisor, you should have a bachelors degree and have strong math, analytical and interpersonal skills. In May 2008, the median annual salary for this position was $69,050.

Kathy St. George is an education specialist for 866MyMajor, a free college guide for students looking for the best program and school to fit their needs.