Due to President's Day yesterday, this week's guest post was postponed to today. It is worth the extra day's wait though because it's from Jason Tailor. Within, he talks about some amazing social media marketing tools that every businessman needs to have in their arsenal.
It doesn’t matter what your business is, all entrepreneurs want to take their business to the next level. But with the harsh economic environment today, the barrier to entry to traditional marketing has just got higher. Fortunately, there is room to maneuver. Social media marketing enables you to promote your brand or business on the cheap! It is the ultimate connection to your target market. Properly used, it can help you gain in-depth insights to customer behavior.
There are many types of project management and internet marketing tools on the internet. There are some that will inevitably stand out. For example, tools that streamline online business operations save a lot of time and effort. On the other hand, there are also some apps that let you compile user information on social sites. Below is a short list of useful social tools:
- MailChimp – while its name implies that it provides email marketing service, it does more than that. This tool contains a wide variety of features that makes online promotions, social networking, and data tracking hassle-free. MailChimp can also manage 500 subscribers easily and allows you to send 3,000 free emails a month. If your list grows by more than 500, you can get an upgrade for free. This tool can be integrated with Salesforce, WordPress, and Twitter among others.
- UserVoice – if you’re like most entrepreneurs, you probably have multiple projects going on. It is difficult to keep track of everything without some help. Uservoice is specifically designed for your needs. By taking advantage of this tool, you can leverage on customer suggestion to improve your business. This will also let you know which business areas to concentrate on.
- Get Satisfaction – once you have a responsive community, this tool will be highly beneficial. It allows you to get answers to important business questions. The information you gather here will enable you to create the right business strategy. Get Satisfaction is a favorite online tool for small businesses and even big brands.
- Monitter – is there something wrong with your business? It’s hard to know when you’re on the inside. A lot of entrepreneurs get caught up with ideas that they fail to see the weaknesses that others can see in plain sight. Monitter basically monitors Twitter and prides multi-column results in real time. Type your keywords to get the results.
- Basecamp – this is a project management tool that lets you juggle multiple projects while keeping sense of it all. In essence, Basecamp is designed for entrepreneurs who need to communicate with their suppliers, teams, and business partners. Progress can be monitored and the information that is send over the platform is stored for later reference.
There are many other social marketing tools you can take advantage of. This article is just an overview of some of the most popular ones in the market today.
About The Author: Jason Tailor has been a search engine marketing entrepreneur for over 5 years. He currently runs the online marketing department for Atlanta’s #1 Tree Service.