Can one tweet be representative of how healthy a company is?
Netflix is garnering attention for a tweet this week...
Here are the many reasons this is amazing marketing:
- They care about their metrics. The result of this always leads to better original programming because they know what their customers like.
- They have great internal communication. In order for this tweet to exist, their analytics team has to communicate in real-time with their social media team. Many large organizations struggle with this concept.
- They aren't afraid of humor. This is a funny and provocative tweet. This is something all companies should be doing to be more engaging, and since Netflix is an entertainment/media company, it suits them well.
- It reveals a fun company culture. It doesn't matter that I know people at Netflix that love working there. It's tweets like these that make it a much wider known fact to the public. This, in turn, creates more demand for them equating to better talent.
- Fun trolling = Engagement. It doesn't take an expert marketer to know when a company is creating a splash with their content. This is effortless content and it's very engaging. Its mystery makes customers want to call out their friends.
Well done, Netflix.